Taylor Swift accepts her award at the 2022 MTV Europe Music Awards. Photo: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
Ticketmaster extended pre-sale tickets for Taylor Swift’s upcoming Eras Tour and rescheduled another pre-sale to Wednesday after the Swifties drove historic demand and caused major technical issues on Tuesday.
Push news: A multi-step process limited how many people could snag tickets to Swift’s first tour in five years, leading to ticket scams and disruptions.
Taylor Swift Ticketmaster Queue Suspended
Newest: conductor Swift tweeted Tuesday afternoon that there had been “unprecedented demand” for advance tickets for Swift’s tour, with “hundreds of thousands already sold.”
- West Coast sales in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Santa Clara and Seattle will move to 3 p.m. PT (originally scheduled for 10 a.m. PT), the ticket service said.
- The Capital One presale will be moved from Tuesday, November 16th to Wednesday 2pm local time.
What are they saying: Ticketmaster is “actively selling tickets” and “for most shows that have gone on sale, there is still a good selection of tickets available,” the company told Axios in an emailed statement.
- Ticketmaster issued an update at 4:01pm ET on Tuesday saying that “ticket supply is extremely limited” due to high demand for today’s sale. “As you continue shopping, some selections may not be available.”
detail: Downdetector.com showed more than 5,000 reports of an outage on Ticketmaster at around 11:30 a.m. ET on Tuesday, as fans scrambled for tickets.
- “We apologize for the disruption,” the Ticketmaster app said, according to Business Insider.
- Ticketmaster’s website had a separate message on Tuesday that read: “Something went wrong on our end and we need to start over. Broken stuff is a drag – our team is working on it so it doesn’t happen again gone.”
- This Ticketmaster Fan Support Twitter The account suggests logging in via a text message link sent to fans for the “best shopping experience”.
Ticketmaster’s problems enter the political arena Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) tweets Tuesday, it’s a daily “reminder that Ticketmaster is a monopoly, [its] The merger with LiveNation should never have been approved, they need to be reined in. “
Taylor Swift Times Tour Tickets
big picture: Ticketmaster’s technical problems are another sign of high demand for viewing Swift’s live performances. The pop star responded to the Swifties fascination by adding more tour dates, as her fans are calling it.
- Swift’s tour initially had 27 dates, then jumped to 35. The tour currently has a total of 52 shows.
- “Looks like I’m going to see more of your beautiful face than I expected,” Swift tweeted.
What’s next: Another round of advance tickets will open to Capital One credit card holders on Wednesday afternoon. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Friday.
deeper: What We Know About Taylor Swift’s New 35-Day Tour
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with new details.