With the January transfer window now open around Europe, there is a lot of chatter about who is moving. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz news, arrivals, departures and, of course, news!
TOP STORY: Al Nassr are trying to sign the stars to join Ronaldo, but Benzema is re-signed with Madrid.
Karim Benzema he has agreed to a new contract with Real Madrid despite a push from Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr, as reported by Foot Market.
Al Nassr already signed Cristiano Ronaldo and they appear to be making more ambitious moves in the transfer market, having recently been linked with offers for the likes of Paris Saint-Germain’s centre-back. Sergius RamosBarcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets and Benzema Real Madrid teammate Luka Modric.
However, it appears that any attempts to sign Benzema will be in vain. The 2022 Ballon d’Or winner has been strongly attached to Real Madrid since initially joining from Olympique Lyonnais in 2009, and is aiming to end his match career with the LaLiga and Champions League holders.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga & more (US)
– Read on ESPN +: January signings do not help Arsenal
So with that in mind, the 35-year-old is set to extend his contract by another year to keep him at the Santiago Bernabeu until the summer of 2024. Pedestrians report to Mercato that the terms of the deal have already been agreed and that the news will be forthcoming. first formalized
Benzema has played 15 times for Real Madrid this season despite injuries – notably pulling out of France’s squad for the World Cup – scoring 10 goals and adding an assist.
Benzema scored on Sunday in what turned out to be the humiliation of Real Madrid in the Spanish Supercopa at the hands of Barcelona and the 18-year-old Gavi sensation, who had a goal and two assists in Clasico.
– Rafael Leao He wants to stay with AC Milan and scheduled contract negotiations to do what happened after I am the Rossoneri against Internazionale in the Supercoppa Italiana, according to Calciomercato. There is hope that the future meeting could be decisive, with Milan offering the Portugal international a salary of €7 million including bonuses, which would last until 2027.
– AC Milan will forever be a sign Brahim Diaz from Verus Madrid with these Rossoneri The loan ends, but they want to do it for under €22m previously agreed, as reported by Calciomercato. Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti would like to have an attacking midfielder available for him Los Blancos At the beginning of the next season, when AC Milan manager Paolo Maldini is playing, he hopes to make new causes for peace.
– West Ham United have made an offer of €30m plus bonuses for the Lorient striker Terem Moffiaccording to Pedem Mercato, who have already added contracts with OGC Nice in Nigeria. Moffi would prefer to stay in Ligue 1, but Lorient have not yet agreed a deal with Nice and want him to move to England, where Southampton are also interested.
– Leeds United will decide whether or not to sign the Andes midfielder Azzedine Ounahi after having already invested George Ruttersecond Fabrizio Romano. A deal is not yet out of the question, although other clubs are making their move with Napoli already offering €15m for the Morocco international.
– While Alex Sandro in the final year of his Juventus contract and heavily linked with a free move as an agent, Tuttosport are reporting that the Brazilian has a clause in his contract that means he will automatically get another year if he makes 40 appearances this season. . The defender has played 19 games so far this term.
– Torino could sign both Ivan Ilic and Isak Hien from Hella Veronesi, next to the Heaven of the Games in Italy. He is now close to making the move while Hien will only join in the summer if a transfer is to be made.