With the January transfer window now open around Europe, there is a lot of chatter about who is moving. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz news, arrivals, departures and, of course, news!
TOP STORY: Villa to Henrique is behind Williams
After Aston Villa turned their attention to the Brazilian youth Louis Henry after signing less than the Nike striker Nico Williamsaccording to the Daily Mail.
The report claims that Villa are ready to trigger Williams’ £45m release clause at the Bilbao club, which eclipsed the £34.6m fee they paid for the transfer of winger Emiliano Buendia in 2021 from Norwich City.
Williams has emerged as one of Europe’s leading talents and has impressed at the 2022 World Cup with Spain, but the 20-year-old reportedly prefers to stay in LaLiga for now.
With this, Villa manager Una Emericus is still on the lookout for attacking reserves and has identified Henrique as a potential option. Henrique plays for Real Betis, and the report claims that he has a transfer value of around 20m pounds. The 12-year-old Brazilian was signed by Botafogo for Betis last summer and has managed to score three goals with five assists in all competitions this season.
Town’s recent upturn in form under Emery has seen them move out of the bottom three, but they are still looking to strengthen their options up front, as they sit three points adrift of sixth-placed Brighton.
– Ayoze Phares is set to leave Leicester City, with a move to Real Betis imminent, according to . Rudius Galetti. The report claims that Betis had to settle some of the conditions with the stoppage of transfers, which allowed a deal through Perez to be close. Phares has been linked with a move from Leicester since the start of the transfer window, with a lack of consistent play this season.
– Tiemoue Bakayoko He looks set to leave AC Milan and sign for Turkish club Adana Demirspor for three years, according to Calciomercato. The 28-year-old midfielder in Milan is nearing the end of his two-year loan, however it is believed that he has ended his loan early in order to sign for the Super Lig side.
– Nottingham Forest snatch their interest from the Paris Saint-Germain keeper Keylor Navas following Dean Henderson’s injury according to the Daily Mail. Henderson sustained a thigh injury in Forest’s clash against Leicester earlier in the month, and it remains uncertain when he will return. This has reportedly increased his interest in Navas, who is behind Gianluigi Donnarumma in the pecking order at PSG.
– THiago Silva A new lot of Chelsea is set next to the Mirror. Silva’s contract is set to expire at the end of the season, however, it is believed that Graham Potter will lose him as the 38-year-old Brazilian offers experience.
– Southampton turned their attention to Marseilles Bamba Dieng this is a Nicholas Jacksonnext express The report claims that the Saints are keen to confirm that they have attacking options and have assigned Dieng as an option. Alciati are thought to have been keener, but now look set to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.