- Gabriel Blair is a New York Times bestselling author.
- Below is an excerpt from her book, “Cum Responsibly.”
- She said men can get rid of unwanted pregnancies caused by irresponsible ejaculation.
The following are books by Gabriel Blair”Responsible Ejaculation: A New Way to Think About Abortion. “
If a man ejaculates irresponsibly and causes an unwanted pregnancy, he faces zero consequences. He can walk away anytime, and our current culture doesn’t really do much — or what? – Discourage it.
it’s all about women
If a woman wants to take a Plan B to prevent pregnancy, the woman buys and pays for it herself—from her own funds, or by asking for funds from someone else.
If the woman decides to have an abortion, the man may never know that his irresponsible ejaculation caused the unintended pregnancy – and still requires the woman to make arrangements and pay for it (again, from her own funds, or by asking for someone else’s money – That’s assuming she can get herself into a legal state).
If a woman decides to raise a child, but doesn’t tell the man, or puts the child up for adoption, he may never know that there is now a child walking around with 50% of his DNA.
If the woman does tell the man that he is pregnant unexpectedly and that she is having a baby, the closest thing to him is that he may have to pay child support. But we all know that our current child support system is a joke.
Men are responsible for nearly all child support
Men accounted for 85% of child support providers, and only 43.5% of parents reported receiving full due child support. An estimated $10 billion in child support goes uncollected each year. Women theoretically have legal recourse to force men to pay support in the event that men do not pay support, but again, the system makes it extremely difficult. Proving paternity, paying attorneys’ fees, and fighting for child support in court are all up to the mother.
Remember, these court battles can be very difficult to manage for someone who has just given birth – they are trying to feed and care for a baby. Ultimately, most women will never collect all the money, even if she puts in the time and pays her legal fees for years. If she does manage to collect, the average monthly child support is $400, which is clearly not even comparable to what it takes to house, dress, feed and educate the child — not to mention the time, emotional and physical costs. cost of raising a child.
Our society is designed to protect men from the consequences of their actions. Our laws and policies cannot better protect men who abandon pregnancy.
I spoke to a longtime social worker about this, and she listed eight ways men take no consequences and are not responsible for their ejaculation behavior.
1) There is no law requiring fathers to pay child support without a court order. This is not automatic.
2) In many states, credit scores are not affected by failure to pay child support.
3) Fathers don’t get fired for getting women pregnant.
4) The father is not charged for any pregnancy or child medical expenses. In at least two states, fathers may be required by law to pay at least 50% of pregnancy-related medical expenses.
5) Fathers do not have to take weeks or months of unpaid leave due to pregnancy complications or childbirth.
6) Fathers don’t lose a penny for getting a woman pregnant.
7) Fathers are generally not required to pay any funeral costs for their deceased children. At least two states hold that both parents are responsible for paying.
8) If the father chooses to leave at any time before or after the child is born, there are no social consequences of abandoning the child.
Jumping out has almost no effect. As a result, many men continue to do this, leading to unintended pregnancy due to irresponsible ejaculation, and never thinking about it. When the topic of abortion comes up, they might think: Abortion makes me uncomfortable. Women should not choose abortion. They never think about men who lead to unwanted pregnancies.
From “Responsible Ejaculation: A New Way to Think About Abortion” by Gabrielle Blair. Worker Publishing © 2022.